Written by Arkansas Real Estate
So long 2018! We are ready to kick it in gear and see what 2019 has in store! We want to help you out with your planning for this new year so we compiled a list of new and noteworthy places around Northwest Arkansas that you should check out. We hope you are able to find some time in 2019 to experience all that Northwest Arkansas has to offer!
Northwest Arkansas has so much to offer for active lifestyles and is continuously growing its outdoor activities. There are many free and accessible adventures for you and your family to take part in. Make 2019 your year for experiencing the natural beauty of Northwest Arkansas!
- NWA Trails- Northwest Arkansas is home to over 200 miles of trails for you and your family to enjoy. Whether you run, walk, or bike, there is a trail built for you. View the trail map and plan your next adventure here: https://www.nwatrails.org/trails/
- Runway Bike Park- Newly opened in 2018, Runway Bike Park is part of the Jones Center, a family recreation and education center. For those already skilled, the park features a mountain bike skills park as well as a world-class pump track. For newcomers, the park offers classes if you are looking to pick up a new skill in 2019! Find out more information about Runway Bike Park here: https://www.thejonescenter.net/bike-park
- Walmart Amp- The Walmart Amp attracts thousands of concert goers each year by hosting many different artists from classic rock to today’s favorites. Although it has already been named the best outdoor venue in the state by MSN, the Amp will begin a $13.9 million dollar expansion in order to raise capacity and increase facilities. To find out upcoming shows and events, check out their website: https://waltonartscenter.org/AMP/
Expand your Palate
Eating healthy is a common New Year’s Resolution, but let’s not focus on smaller portions or dieting instead, let’s agree to try new things in 2019! The food scene in Northwest Arkansas is constantly growing. Here are a few places where you can experience a fun atmosphere and expand your palate.
- City Pump- Once a gas station, now an indoor/outdoor hang out where you can enjoy food from local food trucks! City Pump brings a family-friendly scene with an array of flavors to ease your taste-buds to downtown Rogers. Don’t forget to bring your furry friends! To see menus and find out when trivia nights are hosted, follow this link: https://citypump.wordpress.com
- 8th Street Market- This is a unique spot in Bentonville that offers a wide range of food to meet everyone’s needs. The 8th Street Market features restaurants, food trucks, retail stores, and is centered around Brightwater Culinary School. It is the perfect place for you to expand your palate as there are flavors from around the globe, chocolate creations, and healthy acai bowls just to name a few! Explore 8th Street Market and their menus before you go by visiting their website: http://8stmarket.com/
- JJ’s Beer Garden and Brewery- JBGB has become a popular place to eat and chill. Aside from their tasty food and drinks, they have a volleyball court, shuffleboard, playground and other activities to try out. JBGB also hosts many country artists throughout the fall season for free! Stay up to date with events happening at the JBGB on their website: http://www.thejbgb.com/
Looking to create more family time in 2019? Northwest Arkansas offers many activities in which the whole family can take part. We picked some unique and entertaining family activities from around the area.
- Scott Family Amazeum- If you are looking for family fun, the Amazeum is hard to beat. Using interactive, hands-on exhibits, the Amazeum is able to generate curiosity and learning while being a ton of fun for kids and adults alike. You won’t want to miss out on the many special exhibits they host throughout the year! For more information on the Amazeum, click the link: https://www.amazeum.org/
- Wild Wilderness Drive-Through Safari- Have you ever fed a giraffe or pet a zebra? Well, the Wild Wilderness Drive-Through Safari is home to many animals that you can get up close and personal with! It is located in the City of Gentry and is a great experience for all ages! To plan your wilderness safari, visit their website: https://www.wildwildernessdrivethroughsafari.com/
- Modern Mission- Modern Mission takes laser tag to another level (literally). What sets Modern Mission apart is the multiple outdoor battlefields and its multi-level indoor course that simulate real life missions. Modern Mission is perfect for birthday parties, team building, or family fun! Find out about pricing and reservations here: https://modernmission.com/
Northwest Arkansas understands the importance of the arts. There are an ever-growing number of places around the area to satisfy your love for history, music, theater, or art. Broaden your interests in 2019 by visiting one of these places!
- Crystal Bridges- Loaded with art galleries, history, and sometimes music, Crystal Bridges is the perfect place for those who appreciate the arts. Partnerships with world renown artists and museums such as Chihuly & the Lourve (Yes, that Lourve!) have allowed new exhibits to be showcased regularly at the free museum. Find out what exhibit is taking place right now through their website: https://crystalbridges.org/
- Walton Arts Center- The Walton Arts Center has become Arkansas’ largest arts presenter. Hundreds of live performances throughout the year allow families and friends to enjoy new and classic stage prodcuctions, symphonies, and much more close to home. To see a list of shows and to purchase tickets, click here: https://waltonartscenter.org/
- TheaterSquared- Known as the Walton Arts Center’s “Little Brother,” TheatreSquared brings locally produced theatre up close and personal. Showcasing regional and national talent in a compact setting, there is really nothing quite like it in this area. In 2019 TheatreSquared is set to move in to a larger building to further improve what is already a fantastic experience. To learn more about the expansion and upcoming shows visit: https://www.theatre2.org/
Experience Something New
2019 is the time to try something new! Get out and experience something you have never done before! Northwest Arkansas is bringing many fun and interesting experiences to the area that you can’t do just anywhere.
- Urban Forest Axe House- How many of you can say you’ve thrown an axe before? This facility offers a new experience that many have never tried. You can rent a lane and learn the art of throwing an axe. Perfect for birthday parties or for letting off a little steam! To find out more information or reserve a lane, follow this link: https://www.urbanforestaxe.house/
- Big Box Karaoke- Inspired by the Japanese culture, Big Box Karaoke brings a unique karaoke experience to Fayetteville. Private suites allow for a non-judgement karaoke night with your friends while you enjoy tasty treats and drinks. There is not another karaoke spot quite like this in Northwest Arkansas! Check out their website and menu here: http://www.bigboxkaraoke.com/
- The Holler- Located in the previously mentioned 8th Street Market, the Holler is the newest place for after work drinks and date nights. Whether you are looking for a relaxing atmosphere to chat with friends or are wanting to enjoy a game of indoor shuffleboard, The Holler is the place for you! To browse their menu or sign up for the shuffleboard league click here: https://www.alocalhangout.com/