Walmart Amp 2020 Expansion
A little over a year ago, the Walmart Amp announced a $17 million dollar expansion in order to accommodate more guests and enhance their experience. Construction has begun on this project and is projected to be completed before the 2020 concert season. Here are the announced amenities we can look forward to according to the Walmart Amp’s website:
- A new Procter & Gamble Box Office with more service windows making it easier for patrons to purchase and pick up tickets.
- An expanded main entry plaza twice as large as the current plaza with more Tyson Concession Stands and restrooms in the area.
- A new covered plaza at the top of the lawn, which adds 15,000 square feet of flexible viewing and event space as well as private restrooms. This area can be used for private events during shows and to provide enhanced amenities for the lawn.
- Two new outdoor plazas at the top of the hill will provide two new Tyson Concession stands, 56 additional restroom stalls and flexible space for activations.
- A reconfigured Kraft Heinz Entrance on the north side of the venue will feed into the new space at the top of the hill providing additional gates to get patrons in and out of the venue.
- Expanded dock, catering kitchen and artist wing backstage to better accommodate artists and larger tours.
- Overall capacity will increase by 1,000.
This expansion could not be coming at a better time with several major developments under construction in the Rogers’ Pinnacle Hills area. 2020 is proving to be an exciting year of growth with new additions such as the first Topgolf location in Arkansas, multiple office buildings, several multi-use complexes, and restaurants like Torchys and Saltgrass Steakhouse. North Rogers is becoming an entertainment district with activities and events for all ages. We can’t wait to see the positive impact these developments will have on the Northwest Arkansas community!